Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Chosen One

On the latest Ep III DVD, there is a second disc with several documentaries. One of them is called the Chosen One. We discussed the topic of Anakin being the Chosen One in this entry. Lucas confirms that Anakin is the Chosen One since he does kill Palpatine in Ep VI. In the process, he helps to destroy Darth Vader and himself at that. Thus the prophecy, which I think was installed by the Sith but that is another debate for another entry, is fufilled.

I think that the Jedi of the Old Republic had to be purged for several reasons. I hate to sound like a Sci Fi Hitler when I say that. There were plenty of Jedi who i felt should not have been killed (such as Mace Windu, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Plo Koon, and a mob of others). Let me rephrase that: the ways of the Jedi during the Republic should have been rehashed. THey had too many rules. They did many things that were unethical whether they were forced to or not. They took sides and definitely worked for the Republic. So I should be saying that many of their ideals and decisions should have been purged.

I think many of their training methods should have been discarded as well. In a way, I think its a good idea that much of the information from the Jedi Temple was lost so that Luke could pretty much re-think the strategy and methods to train the Jedi (and if Book I of the Joiner King series demonstrates -- it's a dope concept). The idea of taking babies away from parents is borderline kidnapping (I know some of the Force sensitive infants were saved from a life of squalor and hunger). Luke revamps this by allowing the parents to work in the new Jedi Temple so that they can see their child often.

What do you guys think?

6 comments:

Jdid said...

got to agree with you man

Amadeo said...

I agree as well, my beef was when they said they didn't want to train Anakin cause he was too old. So let's just leave this person who could be one of the most powerful jedi ever to roam the galaxy...yeah right.

Inside Man said...

I can't get over the "no possessions thing" and not being able to have women. You can't keep a grown a$$ man/woman from having a relationship. That'll drive anyone in the galaxy nutz, that alone would have made me turn in my light saber.

Unknown said...

well buddhist monks, priests, and yogi's do it all the time. its supposed to be a part of an ascetic lifestyle. it seems to work for most of them (well discounting the catholic priests that is).

it makes sense when you think of it. try celibacy for a year or two, you will see what i mean.

Anonymous said...

Yes, monks do this all the time but they do not have in shape/attractive women around them all the time.

Inside Man said...

I've tried celibacy before but must admit I wasn't spiritually mature to follow through. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time (college). It shouldn't be an excuse, but I was light years from being that focused.

I'm married now brotha, I don't think wifey would allow me to commit! lol