Sunday, May 08, 2011

Green Lantern Promo Party Part II: Don't be Tardy for the Party

First, I have to thank Mocha Dad for hooking me up. Without him, this shindig would not have been possible. Also, my wife gets mad love for hooking up the Green Lantern jello. It was choice! Finally, I have to thank Capoeira Dayton for coming out in full force to support a brother.

It was a blast. Everyone chipped in to help clean up. The children loved it. Although some lost their rings (which I found and shall return to the rightful owners), no one went home with empty hands. Below are the pics. Enjoy.






My wife and I racked our brains trying to figure out how to put the Green Lantern symbol in the jello. Well this is what we came up with:



Here, I was making the masks by hand. I probably saved about $15.00 doing it this way. It took me about an hour and a half to cut them out and put the transparent string on them.




We decided to have a ring ceremony where we commission new Green Lantern recruits. The children dug it. There was alot of grumbling since we have out titles to particular children (head trainer, sector officer in charge, internal investigator, etc.). Only one parent came late so it worked out.






Despite the fact that I was clear about how to light up the rings, some of them still didn't get it. Thankfully, some of the children were paying attention.









How come my boys are the only ones to put their masks on? the rest didn't even feel like putting them on? Oh well, here are the Green Lanterns of sector 2814...!







The youngest Lantern ever! (and the last one to leave!)

2 comments:

Mocha Dad said...

Looks like you had a great party. I'm glad you and the boys enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

thanks again bro..I appreciate it