Sunday, January 23, 2011

Enki Sunrise




Enki Sunrise

I finally had a chance to dig up my Powers Vol. III Issues 1 and 2. I buried it somewhere in my office. Normally, I keep my comics nearby so when I spend those lazy Sunday afternoons catching up to them all I have to do is lean over and pull out the new ones. Sometimes, I buy comics and put them in my office and forget about them. I did the same with Powers by Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Oeming.

While I don't have all the issues of Vol. II, this volume was my first introduction to Enki Sunrise and I must say I really love her. Her style of dress is dope. Her interaction with Christian Walker while mysterious, is very realistic. Kudos to Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Oeming for not giving us another stereotype.

Some might say that she reminds them of Misty Knight from Power Man and Iron Fist. I have to disagree. Enki Sunrise is not fully confident. She questions herself and her ability. She questions what she is doing with Christian Walker. That's dope and it works.

No comments: